What Can Poll Pad Do?
There are a variety of e-poll books on the market, and many jurisdictions design their own. Poll Pad typically provides one or more of the following functions:
– Allows poll workers to look up voters from the entire county or state. This can reduce time spent checking in voters, one of the bottlenecks in the voting process.
– Allows poll workers to easily redirect voters in the wrong location to the correct polling place.
– Scans a driver’s license to pull up a voter’s information, avoiding data entry errors.
– Notifies poll workers if a voter already voted absentee or during the early voting period.
– Allows voters to sign in electronically.
– Produces turnout numbers and lists of who voted.
– Poll Pad in some states network and receive immediate updates on who has voted in other voting centers